Tuesday, December 9, 2008

New Design

I had to fend off a lack of sleep and a nasty case of Thai-related food poisoning to finish this album cover, a Griffith Park foliage tribute for an indie rock band from Kansas. I'm really happy with it, but I'm afraid I'll never be able to look at it without being reminded of Chicken Phad Thai.

I should mention that the Draw Pictures holiday dinner on Monday night was a great opportunity to see everyone who made this such a fun year, and a humbling reminder of how many people it takes to make my ideas look good on film. Everything I did in 2008 wouldn't have been possible without tons of hard work from Steve, Marc, Corban, Bjorn, David Torno, Daniella, Sebastian, Jessica, Joaquin, Ariana, Scott, Justin, Bro Zealand, Camilla, Lisa, Phil, Jen, Stein, all of the interns, and everyone in the London and LA offices who either let me sleep on their couch, their editing bay floor, or their shoulder during long flights. Thanks everyone.

Wait, one more non-sequitur before I go sleep for 20 straight hours: How amazing is this?



Dave and I used to have an ongoing discussion about what song would play when we approached the plate if we were pro baseball players. I used to say either MOP's Ante Up (c'mon, tell me that isn't the perfect choice) or DJ Shadow's The Number Song (also, c'moooon). But after watching this, I'm afraid I would just have to request that my walk from the dugout take exactly 6 minutes and 12 seconds so that the whole stadium could feel the hair stand on the back of their collective necks by the time I was ready to strike out. It's so good it almost hurts to listen.