Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mail0029

The video I directed in England last month gets a mention in the new issue of Horse And Hound, which is the periodical of choice for equine-obsessed British aristocrats. Our horse from the shoot was semi-famous in the area, although at the time I only chose it because it met the important qualifications of 1) being a horse, and 2) being free. It's an odd article, but If I'm ever in a situation where I want to impress a sophisticated British girl, I'm sure this will work better than, "I have every Dizzee Rascal album memorized from start to finish".

I also saw Straw Dogs for the first time yesterday, and it turns out that it was filmed in the exact same location. Unfortunately the movie is all about how the locals beat up Americans and steal their sassy British girlfriends, so I don't think it really does the place justice.

A quick update: Apparently, another English magazine about horses (yeah, there's more than one) published a story about the video. It's bittersweet, as I'd always hoped to see the headline, "Music Video Stardom Calls For Mr. Happy" in reference to my own success and relative happiness. 

Also, ArtRocker has a piece where the band gives a little commentary.